In Part One, we reviewed what makes up the compilation of the books of the Bible. In Part 2 we will look more closely why the Bible seems hard to understand.
According to its own writings, it is a sealed book; a mystery. Meaning the interpretation of the allegory images, metaphors and the parable stories are hidden in a mystery (the wisdom of God). Here we start with the writings of the prophet Isaiah stating the vision becomes like the words of a book.
A vision is become as the words of a book
Isaiah 29:11 And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which men deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I cannot; for it is sealed:
12. And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, I pray thee: and he saith, I am not learned.
Apostles speak the wisdom of God in a mystery
1Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
Apostle John’s vision- was told to seal up what he heard
Revelation 10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
2. And he had in his hand a little book open: and he set his right foot upon the sea, and his left foot on the earth,
3. And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices.
4. And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I (John) was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
Revelation 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
9. Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
10. And he saith unto me, Seal up the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
In the book of Daniel we find;
Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
The writings are hard to understand because it’s a mystery and they’re in dream or vision that is not understood. So the meanings are sealed, including prophecy. However, that the Holy Spirit does reveal and open up the sealed books; which can teach and speak the interpretation (the prophets and apostles) and therefore the writings become unsealed.