In a dream some years ago, I was sitting in a christian church along with a large size congregation. An elder (pastor like man and looking very distinguished), wearing a dark pullover sweater under a sharp looking dinner jacket. He walked up to the front and center of the church, carrying with him three (3) books, stopped and stood silently behind a one-legged podium. He paused, as if taking a deep breath, and then asked the congregation, “What is the first book of the old testament?” Once the congregation realized that he was actually waiting for responses, hands began to raise. The elder just simply pointed to several individuals so that they could give their answer. I personally thought to myself, “man, that is easy, the answer is the book of Genesis”. There were various books mentioned, JOB and others, but sure enough someone in the congregation, did give that answer that Genesis as the first book of the old testament. But the elder didn’t acknowledge as Genesis being the right answer.
Then the elder paused and instead of answering his first question, he then asked yet another question. “What is the first book of the new testament?”. This time he again waited for feedback and responses from the congregation. Hands again raised to get the elders’ attention so to give their responses. Again various new testament books were mentioned, and again I thought to myself, this one is easy as well, it’s the book of Matthew! Once this book of Matthew was mentioned, he motioned to the congregation that the floor was no longer opened for responses. What he then spoke to us came, as quite a shock to me at first.
The elder then stated, “The first book of the new testament is the same first book for the old testament; the answer is the book of John, and it begins like this; For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him, would not perish, but have everlasting life”.
As the years have passed I realized that this elder was not talking about the printed Bible on my book shelve and the one I carry to church, but the Bible (the Word of God) that God himself, writes in the heart and mind of man (referring to both male and female), by the very works of GOD. The scripture gives us two witnesses for this, one by the prophet Jeremiah and the other by the apostles of the Hebrews as listed here:
Jeremiah chapter 31
31. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Hebrews chapter 8
8. For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
9. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.
10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
15. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
16. This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
17. And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Truly Truly, as I live.
Say, Son of man,
I am your sign.