Just this past week or so, we have placed this phrase with the pop-up along with the yellow/gold “Y” letter over the face of Constantine (see bottom of home page).
The scripture referenced in the pop-up is found in:
Proverbs chapter 30 verse 6:
“Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.”
Another scripture reference is found in Revelation chapter 22.
Revelation chapter 22
18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
19. And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
So what example do we have, an allegory image, of one that adds to the Word of God?
Answer: The serpent, the most subtil Beast of the field.
Found in Genesis chapter 3
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
And the Beast is?
Answer: A man in honor and understands not is like a beast.
Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.
~ Psalms 49: 12, 20 ~
The wisdom of God, discerns the Beast (its numbered):
Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.
~ Revelation 13:18 ~