What’s in this Goodness of God that would cause a heart, a belief system, and a mindset to change?
This Goodness of God leads us into repentance to the acknowledgment of what is really true and what is really a lie.
First, it takes a willing mind toward God:
2 Corinthians 8:11,12
11. Now, therefore, perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
12. For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?
~ Romans 2:4 ~
2 Timothy 2:25,26
25. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
26. And that they may recover themselves out of the snare (pit) of the devil (lies), who are taken captive by him (by deception) at his will.
So going back to the original question…
What’s in this Goodness of God that would cause a heart, a belief system, and a mindset to change (and be saved from snares of lies and deceit)?
ANSWER: The Spirit of Wisdom & Understanding. Also called the Tree of Life. For the Spirit of Wisdom shows us, reveals to us, what is our belief system, or our thoughts, or our intentions, whether they be in true light or in a false light.
Three perspectives in the operation of the application in the (works) Spirit of Wisdom;
- What it Is
- What it’s Not
- and What it Does
The Spirit of Wisdom teaches by first setting up images (characters) that we know in our natural world, which provides us with a comparison. As we first start in the journey of Goodness, we will first misinterpret the dreams and visions as we’ll apply what we see that people, friends, or loved ones are about them. But it’s important in the beginning to realize, it’s about a thought or a perception we’re working in and so it’s not about the other person (s).
You see, it’s not outside of us, but what’s working within our conscience. The people and characters known to us are being established by Wisdom as to whom is being assigned by their character allegories that get placed in a parable story.
As thoughts and intent cannot be seen, the Spirit of Wisdom brings forth the images of thought and intent in dreams and in visions to show us what is working in our minds and hearts.
Once the character is established in our understanding, of what it is, what it’s not, and what it does (rather how it behaves), then we can truly start to be led through repentance from dead works.
Once coming through the willingness of rebuke, reproof, and instruction, she will remain close to your side. You see, reproof and correction are the way of life.
This is how the operation of the spirit of discernment can be applied in our daily lives. Without this teaching and instruction by the Spirit of Wisdom, believers will continue to walk without discernment, without knowing the “difference between”.
Moses is our example of what it means to see the back side of God. It’s in Moses we see what is Not God. It’s part of the work of Grace, seeing as the Lord sees.
Moses speaks to God and says “show me thy glory”. Then the Lord replies, then I’ll show you my Goodness, in fact, I’ll show you ALL MY GOODNESS and my Goodness will pass before you (right before your very eyes).
And he (the LORD) said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
~ Exodus 33:19 ~
Interaction between the LORD and Moses found in chapter 33 of Exodus;
11. And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.
12. And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13. Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, show me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14. And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15. And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16. For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17. And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18. And he said, I beseech thee, show me thy glory.
19. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show mercy on whom I will show mercy.
20. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22. And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23. And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
We’ve heard the saying “It is what it is”. So how does one know what ‘it’ is, without the Spirit of Wisdom in operation?
Say son of man,