What is the Ark?
An Elder appeared in a dream one night. He asked me, “What is the Ark”? I first thought of Noah’s Ark, but somehow I knew, answering this Elder with a…‘well I believe it’s a ship’ just didn’t seem fitting. So then I had an… awe-haw moment and recalled that there was an “Ark of the Covenant”, but based on my knowledge of the scriptures, about what it actually is (in the application of truth of the heart), didn’t seem like it would be sufficient (I could recall some aspects of the Ark and how it represented the presence of God among his people, but to describe what it represented spiritually, I had no clue or idea). So I simply responded, “I guess I really don’t know what the Ark is”.
The Elders’ expression on his face seemed forgiving, but without much hesitation he began to speak to me with boldness and a real knowing, he said, “The Ark is…the Covenant of Peace between heaven and earth”.
The Ark is the Covenant of Peace between Heaven and Earth!
Ezekiel Chapter 34:
8. As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my
shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
9. Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
10.Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed
themselves anymore; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
25. And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
26. And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.
27. And the tree of the field shall yield her fruit, and the earth shall yield her increase, and they shall be safe in their land, and shall know that I am the LORD, when I have broken the
bands of their yoke, and delivered them out of the hand of those that served themselves of them.
Ezekiel Chapter 37:
26. Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27. My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28. And the heathen (the nations) shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
There is a great gulf between heaven and earth, isn’t’ there? Heaven, the thoughts and ways of GOD, and earth being the thoughts and ways of man… how to bridge the gap? We need the covenant of peace!
The first witness in the earth that bears the record in heaven is: To Noah…God said, “This is the token of the Covenant (of peace)” found in Genesis chapter 9:
8. And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons with him, saying,
9. And I, behold, I establish my covenant with you, and with your seed after you;
10. And with every living creature that is with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11. And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there anymore be a flood to destroy the earth.
12. And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
13. I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14. And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15. And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
16. And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon
17. And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.
Jeremiah Chapter 31:
31. Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32. Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
33. But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will
be their God, and they shall be my people.
Hebrews Chapter 8:
10. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to
them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11. And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.
Isaiah Chapter 54:
4. Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed: neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach
of thy widowhood any more.
5. For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
6. For the LORD hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
7. For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.
8. In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment; but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee, saith the LORD thy Redeemer.
9. For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth; so have I sworn that I would not be wroth with thee, nor rebuke
10. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD
that hath mercy on thee.
The Ark is the Covenant of Peace between Heaven and Earth!
Say (son of man),
I am your sign!