Grace; a gift of God.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
not of works, lest any man should boast. ~ Ephesians 2: 8,9 ~
So, let’s take a closer look into the application of Grace and what Grace does.
When the Word (God) is made flesh, then we can behold (perceive) the spoken word, by the grace of God thru the Spirit of Truth. In the book of John chapter 1 we find:
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
16. And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace.
17. For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
18. No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
Are you aware that of the fullness of light we have all received? Of his fullness (glory) have all we received-the Word made flesh, full of grace, full of truth (grace for grace).
GRACE AS A HELPER: “without grace, Gods glory cannot be seen or rather perceived”
Grace is what saves the soul (earth/man’s understanding)
BY GRACE are we saved! Ephesians Chapter 2
4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
We grow and increase in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ as we grow in Grace.
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
~ 2 Peter 3:18a ~
So, who finds Grace?
Genesis Chapter 6:
8. But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
Noah = a righteous preacher
And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness.
~ 2Peter 2:5a ~
Are we listening to a preacher of righteousness (message from the Lord)?
Where can we find Grace?
As our friend Dennis K of Idaho so eloquently shared with us; that “Grace is seeing as God sees”. He expounded and told us we can learn more by looking up and searching the scriptures by using the phrase “find grace”.
But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. ~ Genesis 6:8 ~
So grace is found where? We find Grace in the eyes (understanding) of the LORD. Grace (perception) perceives as God perceives.
…that the eyes of your understanding are being enlightened is the grace of God in the application.
Ephesians Chapter 1:
17. That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:
18. The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints…
Amen and Amen